Kajian Ekologi Lanskap Sawah dan Pilihan Praktik Pengelolaan Jerami Padi di Desa Mandikapau Barat, Kabupaten Banjar, Kalimantan Selatan

Anang Kadarsah, Noer Komari


This study purpose was to explore information on the rice field landscape ecology and rice straw management practices in Mandikapau Barat Village, Karang Intan District, Banjar Regency, South Kalimantan. The rice field landscape ecological data was extracted from Google Maps. Types, rice production, farmer profiles and selection of rice straw utilization practices were known through interviews. Results showed that elongated fragments (70%) were common in paddy fields and the rest (30%) were hexagonal in shape. Corridors in dry rice fields are bunds with a width of 40-50 cm, while in wet rice fields the bunds are wider (60-80 cm). Farmer average ownership is ±3.917.6 m2. The most widely grown local rice varieties are Siam Pandak Laut (straw yellow lemma and palea, stem height ±145 cm) and Siam Cantik (golden yellow lemma and palea on straw yellow background, stem height ±160 cm). The level of local rice production reaches 1.5 – 3.1 Ton/Ha per growing season. Estimated production of rice straw is 2.1 – 4.4 Ton/Ha. Gender farmers are mostly women (76%), compared to only about 24% of men. The status of land ownership is smallholder farmers as much as 80%. The highest respondent's age (48%) is 40-50 years old and the least is over 50 years old (24%). Most of the farmers (84%) stated that they did not use rice straw, arguing that the practice had been passed down (64%). There is a relationship between gender and the practice of using straw (p=0.036<0.050) and reasons for not using rice straw (p=0.021<0.050).

Full Text:


DOI: https://doi.org/10.47007/ijobb.v6i3.143


  • There are currently no refbacks.

Indonesian Journal of Biotechnology and Biodiversity

ISSN 2581-0014

published by:

Lembaga Penerbitan Universitas Esa Unggul

Jalan Arjuna Utara No. 9, Kebon Jeruk, Jakarta Barat